Using improv to help your company and your employees
Steven Morgan is an improviser and trainer with many years of experience, having performed and taught at multiple organisations in many different countries. Having previously been the Chief of Learning at the prestigious school of improv easylaughs, he was pivotal in setting teaching standards, goals and syllabuses, and has a proven track record in knowing how to communicate ideas effectively.
He has taught for a wide array of organisations such as Zoom, General Mills and Cargill with a range of targets and goals for each client. Whether it’s a specific skill development or an icebreaker to help improve company culture, he tailors each session to the client’s needs.
It’s always more difficult to improve culture and soft skills (or human skills) in a company than more tangible issues, which is why improv is becoming more and more common as a means of aiding this in organisations across the world.
In the dynamic and ever-evolving corporate landscape, success hinges on the ability to adapt, collaborate, and think creatively. While traditional business acumen remains essential, there’s a growing recognition of the power of improvisation as a catalyst for personal and professional growth.
Particularly in the scientific industries, it’s common to find that those with the deepest knowledge are those who struggle most with communicating their thoughts. As a person who deals with social anxiety, Steven has a deep knowledge on how to address these concerns in a way that’s relatable to those who need the most help.
As a highly skilled improv performer and teacher with a deep understanding of the corporate world, Steven brings a unique blend of expertise to help your employees unlock their full potential. His approach is grounded in the principles of improv, which emphasise:
Active Listening: The ability to truly hear and understand others’ perspectives, fostering effective communication and collaboration.
Yes, And: Embracing and building upon ideas, rather than shutting them down, leading to innovation and creative problem-solving.
Adaptability: The ability to think on your feet and adjust to changing circumstances, essential for navigating the unpredictable business world.
Risk-Taking: The courage to step outside comfort zones and experiment with new ideas, driving growth and innovation.
Playful Attitude: Approaching work with a sense of fun and enthusiasm, fostering a positive work environment and boosting productivity.
Through a series of engaging workshops and exercises, Steven can guide your employees in developing these improv skills, empowering them to:
- Enhance communication and collaboration: Foster effective teamwork, build consensus and resolve conflicts constructively.
- Spark creativity and innovation: Generate fresh ideas, solve problems creatively, and adapt to change with ease.
- Build confidence and self-expression: Overcome fear of public speaking, express ideas effectively, and project confidence in meetings and presentations.
- Strengthen leadership skills: Inspire and motivate teams, navigate difficult conversations, and make effective decisions under pressure.
- Cultivate a positive and engaging work culture: Foster a fun, supportive, and innovative work environment that enhances productivity and employee satisfaction.
Steven’s proven approach has helped numerous companies transform their corporate culture, leading to:
- Improved communication and collaboration across departments
- Enhanced creativity and problem-solving skills among employees
- Increased confidence and self-expression in presentations and meetings
- Stronger leadership skills and decision-making abilities
- A more positive, engaging, and innovative work environment
We invite you to embark on a journey of improv-driven corporate transformation. Let Steven guide your employees in unlocking their hidden potential and propelling your company towards extraordinary success.