Steven Morgan is a standup comedian who has been performing for over ten years, in multiple countries, having run his own show LYFAO in Nijmegen in The Netherlands and run his own festival in Brisbane, Australia.
He is the former Head of Learning at Amsterdam’s illustrious easylaughs and was pivotal in creating the standup comedy syllabus still being used and expanding and training the teacher pool being used by the school.
He currently works freelance, running standup comedy courses in English in Utrecht, The Netherlands through organisations such as Comedyhuis, easylaughs or Improv Utrecht. With an ever-expanding population and an increased number of expats in the city, there is more demand than ever before for people trying out this bucket list skill.
If you are interested in taking part in a standup comedy course, then fill your details in below! When we have enough people interested, we can start a new course, or I can give you advice on other courses running or options available.
Do I need to do a standup comedy course?
If any of the following apply to you, then the answer is yes:
- You think you’re funny.
- You’ve always wanted to try standup comedy, but… just haven’t gotten around to it yet.
- It’s on your bucket list and you want it to be a positive experience.
- You want to improve your presentation skills.
- You want to improve your self-confidence.
- You want to learn something new that takes you out of your comfort zone.
- You want to meet new people and have a lot of fun.
It doesn’t matter what your background or ability level is, every standup comedy course is sculpted to what’s best for the students involved and what’s needed to give everyone the boost that will help them prepare for the graduation show.
If you’ve ever dreamed of stepping onto the stage and making people laugh, then this course is for you. Whether you’re a complete beginner or have some experience performing, this course will give you the tools and confidence you need to take your standup comedy to the next level.
In this course, you will learn:
- The basics of standup comedy writing
- How to develop your stage persona
- How to structure your jokes and deliver them for maximum impact
- How to handle hecklers and deal with stage fright
- How to get your start in the standup comedy scene
By taking this course, you will:
- Gain the confidence to perform standup comedy
- Learn the skills and techniques needed to be a successful standup comedian
- Develop your own unique comedic voice
- Get feedback from an experienced comedian
- Make new friends and connections in the standup comedy community
Sign Up Today
If you’re ready to unleash your inner comedian, then send me a message using the form above today!
In addition to the course content, I will also provide you with access to the following bonus materials:
- A list of recommended standup comedy clubs and open mics in Utrecht and The Netherlands.
- A collection of standup comedy exercises and prompts
- A link to a private online group where you can connect with other standup comedians.
I can’t wait to help you discover your comedic potential!